Business Development Manager- Ohio
PPS is seeking a highly motivated and results-driven sales professional for our fastener distribution team in Central Ohio. The primary role of the Business Development Representative will be to drive new business opportunities and create lasting relationships with customers in order to expand our market presence throughout Ohio and Northern Kentucky. This is a direct hire, remote, outside business-to-business sales position with a highly competitive salary, guaranteed bonus, and second-to-none benefits.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the Ohio region: Sidney, Piqua, Dayton, Troy, Columbus, Greater Cincinnati (Incl Northern KY), Akron, and Cleveland
- Conduct in-depth market research to target potential customers in various industries
- Schedule and conduct face-to-face meetings with prospective customers to present products, value, and solutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with potential and new customers, understanding their needs and offering tailored solutions
- Collaborate with our inside sales team to prepare and deliver quotes and proposals
- Consistently follow up to ensure customer satisfaction and build trust
- Negotiate terms, close new business, and act as a liaison to ensure a smooth transition to our inside sales team
- Provide feedback, detailed notes, and market insights to management teams to help shape future sales strategies
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Proven business-to-business sales success. We are seeking a hunter!
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and customers simultaneously
- Bachelors Degree in business related study (preferred, not required)
- 3 years experience negotiating and closing deals
- Strong acumen regarding Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have your own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and willing to travel within assigned territory (auto allowance is part of comp package)
- A positive attitude, exceptional work ethic, and an ability to think like the customer!
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.