PPS is seeking a detail-oriented and safety-minded Wastewater Technician for our semiconductor facility in Hillsboro, OR! The Wastewater Technician position is responsible for the operations of the neutralization system, as well as troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring the waste treatment system and area.
- Responsible for waste neutralization systems within the facility, including waste drainage, waste lift stations, and all associated valves, controllers, supply systems, etc.
- Safe handling and labeling of chemical waste
- Hands-on chemical waste neutralization
- Performing analytical tests for neutralization verification, including neutralization tests; fluorides test; ORP test; Trace metals tests by Spectrophotometer, using calculation methods for adding additives to achieve the required level of water treatment purification, to adhere to local government regulatory and company EHS specifications.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all the Waste Treatment Equipment, Housekeeping, and 5S.
- Managing the repair and calibration of various types of equipment – pumps, lines, valves, filters, metrology instruments – to ensure smooth and in-line with regulatory/environment requirements operation
- All aspects of waste neutralization regulatory/environment legal reporting and permits, and may require working closely with the MoENV and the local municipality
- Responsible for bath monitoring: Performing titrations and providing instruction to operations for bath usage, preparation, and adds. At some locations may also be responsible for bath preparations. Own the analytical chemistry area:
- Incoming materials monitoring
- Responsible for the UPW and DI Water Systems. Ongoing maintenance of the system. monthly filter replacement, sanitation, resin, and light bulb replacement.
- Performing monthly analytical tests for DI water.
- Managing the repair and calibration of various types of equipment
- Maintain inventory control of equipment, tools, and parts
- Perform electrical systems maintenance if certified to perform
- Inspect and maintain safety and alarm systems
- Quality check equipment regularly to ensure everything is in working order
- Perform peer-to-peer inspections on work performed by our other maintenance technicians
- Advise purchasing manager during new equipment purchases and material purchasing
- Perform administrative computer tasks as needed
- Report to the Head of the local Maintenance team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have chemistry basic knowledge and be comfortable working with hazardous materials
- Computer skills, CMMS, MS Office
- Ability to communicate and direct requirements effectively with equipment manufacturers/suppliers.
- English reading, writing, and verbal communication
- A high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity, and respect for others.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with many interacting agents and departments within the site.
- Ability to recognize immediate and potential safety hazards and pursue appropriate actions to resolve and report
- Ability to execute and control daily and weekly Preventive and Corrective Maintenance, inspection, and reports.
- Availability to work in non-routine hours from time to time and in case of emergency
- High School diploma, or 3 years of utilities and facilities maintenance experience
- 1-2 years of maintenance experience
- Must be comfortable working with chemicals and hazardous materials
- Knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic hydraulic, and chemical systems.
- Working in lab environment a plus
- Working with hazardous chemicals preferred
- MUST have schedule flexibility
- Ability to consistently lift, push, pull 50 gal drums of chemistry
- Required to wear all necessary PPE at all appropriate times
- Repetitive motion/movement
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.