Traveling Service Technician
Our partners are searching for their next Traveling Service Technician, this position is salary, but it is also Non-exempt, and the OT is great on the road!
You will connect with our customers to address questions and resolve various problems, on both installation as well as repair and maintenance assignments. Additionally, you will always be on the lookout for preventative measures you can take, escalate issues, and serve as an ambassador for the brand. Your goal is to keep our customers completely assured and satisfied through your technical expertise and consistent and constant communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to customer installation, maintenance, and service calls promptly and effectively
- Installations and commissioning of new automation and/or complex production lines at customer locations including:
- Set up of mechanical workings.
- Set up controls (electrical, electronic, PLC, and pneumatic).
- Perform technical after-sales services at customer locations such as:
- Inspections, troubleshooting, and training.
- Recognize and recommend preventative and/or corrective maintenance.
- Installing upgrades and carrying out revisions.
- Maintain paperwork requirements such as timesheets, work orders, and service reports; noting any follow-up or safety concerns needing to be addressed.
- Maintain customer relations, understand company service and equipment offerings, recognize customer needs, and make recommendations to promote company revenue growth.
- Manage expenses.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology, or 5+ years equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- To imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- To communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- To apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in controls, mechanics, and pneumatics desired.
- Experience with robotics would be preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mechatronics and machinery maintenance desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Up to 90% travel throughout US and Canada.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
- Ability to obtain passport required.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.