Test Technician I
We are seeking a talented Test Technician I to join our team in Austin, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing and troubleshooting of general electronic, electro-mechanical assemblies, automation systems, and machines in order to meet production schedule.
- Explains test results and schedules to other team members, area leads, or supervisors.
- Provides input and recommendations to area lead and other team members on improvement opportunities based on data and observations.
- Maintains adherence to production, test, and quality system procedures; retrieves test procedures from corporate databases.
- Utilizes both manual and automated tests to perform system-level testing to ensure product quality and reliability in accordance with company specifications.
- Works cooperatively on the project work team; documents and communicates actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined with a fair level of dexterity to construct simple test setups per documented instructions and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, drawings, and procedures as well as knowledgeable with using a variety of measurement and test equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and quality-focused.
- Ability to work extended or non-standard work scheduled to meet specific personal training, department, and production needs.
- Ability to work well with others and to foster a learning atmosphere within a team environment.
- Applicable knowledge of Microsoft Office and various other windows/DOS-based applications along with general software and computer experience in order to operate and monitor test equipment to run pass/fail criteria on assemblies.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Automation or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Test Environment.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, and grasp.
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to move arms, hands, and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.