We are currently seeking a motivated and reliable individual to join our team as a Shop Laborer. The role of Shop Laborer while an entry-level position is nonetheless incredibly important in keeping a shop running smoothly and efficiently. Ensuring that senior technicians have the hardware, machine components, assistance, and clean working environment needed to complete their duties.
- Responsible for the shipping and receiving of machinery and parts
- Use of tow motors and overhead cranes for loading and unloading
- Opening and cleaning machinery for assembly
- Preparing machinery and misc. parts for shipment
- Assists in all basic shop projects
- Assemble all major machine components. (Use of tow motors, Overhead cranes, and basic hand and power tools)
- Assist technicians in finishing projects (acquiring parts and hardware, Cutting, drilling, and tapping or painting components)
- Receive all purchased machine parts from the warehouse and organize them on shop job shelves
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Preform basic building maintenance in the shop and office
- Removing trash and recycling
- Removal of metal scrap (Done weekly)
- Cleaning and sweeping the shop (30 min shop clean up daily)
- Stocking and organizing of shop hardware and materials
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a labor or warehouse environment is a plus.
- Must have excellent mechanical abilities.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and perform physically demanding tasks.
- Familiarity with basic tools and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Forklift certification is a plus but not required (training can be provided).
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.