PPS is seeking a Quality Manager at our new aluminum extrusion facility in Phoenix, Arizona. The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for sustaining and improving the Operating System while providing Quality leadership within the organization. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Quality Management System, and the internal and external costs of quality.
Responsibilities To Include:
- Manage the Quality Management System & ensure facility compliance while continuously improving and maintaining the System, including the Quality Manual, and document control.
- Coordinate and conduct internal Quality System audits to ensure compliance with documented procedures.
- Train members of the organization, including Management, in the areas of Quality, Statistical Process Control (inspection, metrology, methods and tools) and Continuous Improvement Practices.
- Develop, train, and supervise inspection programs, including sampling and testing of in-process and finished goods to ensure product conformance to specification.
- Investigate, research and work with customers and employees to reduce/eliminate product defects.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to effectively improve product quality.
- Liaise with customer’s on quality issues and work with the our team to institute sustainable corrective actions.
- Facilitate root cause analysis and problem-solving initiatives.
- Monitor, measure, report and effect quality performance and improvement trends on an ongoing basis.
- Represent and promote customer expectations regarding quality within the facility.
- Lead the deployment of Process Management to improve stability and performance using tools such as process flow charts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, process and product FMEA’s, control plans and control charts.
- The Quality Manager is the Senior Quality Representative on site and is responsible for oversight, training and execution of production and company operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Working with Operations Personnel, Customer Service, The Technical Group, Departmental Managers, and the Company’s Management Team the Quality Manager ensures production is made to agreed to standards and play a pivotal role in continuous Improvement Process.
- Work with Sales and our customers to investigate and identify root causes of Quality Issues and develop processes and procedures to eliminate those issues.
- The position requires a high level of inter-personal skills and the ability to work effectively with customers, employees, and suppliers.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or other relevant education from an accredited technical institution.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of manufacturing experience with a minimum of 4 years of Quality Management responsibility.
- A.S.Q. certification as a Quality Engineer is preferred.
- Proven experience managing people, processes, and priorities in a unionized environment.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Experience in extrusion and/or extrusion finishing processes is a decided asset.
- A proven record of senior management success in a fast paced, customer focused, manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with business compliance requirements
- Experience in successfully developing strong teams and strong relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers, customers and other key business partners.
- Experience in managing safety, quality, productivity, and cost in a capital-intensive operation.
- Experience and training in Quality Systems, Lean and Six Sigma concepts
- Proven ability to Lead, to Collaborate and to Execute
- A hands-on Manager with experience developing, managing, and training Quality Management in highly automated, highly capitalized, factories in highly competitive environments.
- Relentless focus on driving Safety, Quality and Customer Service
- People oriented with an innate ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff and with customers.
- A strong, non-authoritative, team builder who possesses outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills and who can accommodate, facilitate, and drive quality improvement within the organization.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.