Mechanical Repair Technician
This position is to build and repair forging and foundry equipment. We will train strong mechanical candidates on performing these tasks. We fit and fabricate by brazing/silver soldering copper to profile to tight tolerance. We operate overhead cranes, industrial saws, mixers, forklifts, and coil alignment fixtures. There is occasionally heavy lifting and dirty shop work.
Perform all required operations to wind electrical coils of varied design and size using a variety of types and sizes of copper tubing. Perform operations necessary to repair coils of various sizes and types for customers. Perform operations necessary to assemble, test and check equipment complete from primarily prefabricated parts, units, and assemblies.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Set up winding machines and repair fixtures to suit size and design of coil, size of profile, number of windings, and turns, spacing, tops, insulation etc, per OEM drawing specifications
- Use fixed adjustable fixtures and tension devices adjusting and sizing coils
- Mill copper ends to proper dimensions; braze tops to conductors, etc.
- Place insulation, tie and/or tape coils, paint windings, tag leads and coil for identification.
- Use measuring devices to set up, adjust and verify to conformance of work.
- Assemble coils completely.
- De-grouting and regrouting on regular coils and grouting of furnaces.
- Mount hydraulic tubing, cylinders, and assemblies in accordance with specifications on melting furnaces. Bend and fuse tubing as necessary.
- Perform hydraulic and water tests to insure proper operation.
- Requires occasional off-site service calls.
- Mechanical assembly or disassembly experience on large equipment
- Brazing or soldering experience preferred
- Experience with use of hand tools and overhead cranes.
- Ability to read, interpret and work form drawings, bills of material and specifications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to perform metric conversions. Ability to read a tape measure.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.