Join our team and enhance your skills in a challenging and rewarding career with one of the largest recycling companies in North America! Seeking a full time Maintenance Technician for a state of the art recycling plant. Some key responsibilities are listed below:
- Assist with the plant preventive maintenance program for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Function as shift mechanic to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Train plant personnel to assist in basic maintenance and PMs.
- Assist with spare parts inventory – determine and manage stocking levels.
- Order parts as needed from local vendors and catalogues.
- Clean and change pneumatic valves on optical sorting machines.
- Change belts and idler pulleys on trough-style conveyors.
- Weld and fabricate, patch holes in steel chutes and transitions.
- Assist with the development and implementation of plant production activities and schedules.
- Hold morning meetings with teams to understand trends and resolve production issues.
- Champion Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Advanced mechanical maintenance skills
- 480vAC electrical troubleshooting
- Strong welding and fabrication skills
- Basic computer skills
- PLC experience, a plus
- Experience with mechanical conveyors
- Rigging of motors, conveyor pulleys, and other heavy components
- Problem solving
- Lean Manufacturing experience, a plus
- Glass processing knowledge, a plus
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.