Maintenance Technicians are an integral part of the operation, ensuring optimal equipment availability and uptime, building and grounds are always kept in exemplary condition, and that all equipment and facilities are in safe working order.
Maintenance Technicians should have strong mechanical and electrical experience that enables them to perform any number of needed tasks at a given time. This position is responsible for completing maintenance work orders, conducting machine setups, troubleshooting, repairs, scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance service, machine asset management, storeroom inventory management, and facilities maintenance. Position is also tasked at times with contractor management to ensure outside services are performed to manufacturers standards.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and anticipate equipment issues accurately, while developing repair solutions to meet operational demands.
- Use established work order system to complete and address maintenance-related service requests work orders.
- Use and maintain preventative maintenance program by asset class.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of flexographic production equipment during production; perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Prepare and set up machinery for scheduled production runs when tasked.
- Perform repairs including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform typical maintenance tasks to support the floor and facility.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machinery and the building or grounds as required.
- Assist in maintaining storeroom inventory program and create best-in-class practices.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
- Prepare and record maintenance reports.
- Analyze work processes and equipment to make recommendations for improved processes and efficiencies.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Dismantle defective machines, equipment, and install new or repaired parts.
- Clean the equipment and individual parts, including bearings and gears.
- Assist in monitoring all work performed by outside contractors.
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits, housekeeping procedures, and adhering to safety guidelines.
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and in accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules and regulations.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to operate standard mechanical hand tools and shop equipment.
Ability to operate material handling equipment (Powered Industrial Trucks, pallet trucks, etc.)
Basic electrical knowledge (AC/DC, Drive functionality, basic wiring, etc.)
Ability to read and interpret prints, technical schematics, and drawings
Must be creative, innovative, and strategic with the ability to analyze problems and provide solutions.
Must be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Reasoning abilities to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
Proficient in Microsoft Office basic applications (word, excel, etc.)
Demonstrated trust, integrity, and compliance, with no exceptions.
Strong attention to detail.
Willingness to continually learn and expand knowledge base.
Must have the ability to plan and prioritize workload.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment
Position requires sitting, standing, talking, and walking in a manufacturing environment.
Nature of work requires depth perception, close and far vision, normal color distinction, and normal finger dexterity.
Working conditions involve exposure to noise and chemicals (inks/dyes).
Physical demands include moderate physical activity that includes prolonged standing and/or walking, handling moderate weight objects up to 50 pounds, and using or carrying equipment or supplies.
Must be willing to be semi-flexible at times within working hours structure, to allow for availability when equipment becomes available outside of normal working hours.
Must be willing to support all shifts as needed in the event of breakdown or shop needs.
Overtime is non-scheduled but is needed from time to time to support the operation without interrupting production.
Must be willing and capable of working some weekends to complete machine overhauls and required maintenance on high use equipment.
We provide Equal Employment opportunities E O to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and support the hiring of veterans.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.