We are in search of Machine Builders (mechanical assembly) to join our world class teams here in Solon.
- Lay out, plan and perform a wide variety of mechanical assemblies consisting of but not limited to subassembly work, mounting of commercial components (bearings, pneumatic components and drive systems) to large and small frame weldments. High degree of accuracy required for close tolerance assembly involving bearing surface fit, machine bed surface assembly.
- Working from bill of material (B.O.M.) and shop floor routings, obtain parts and components necessary for assigned tasks.
- Check for apparent defects, damage to all components prior to installation/assembly.
- Work from mechanical drawings, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, written, verbal, and own knowledge for determining location and placement of commercial components, pneumatic and hydraulic assemblies, machined parts and fabricated parts.
- Check finished work for integrity and adherence to specification.
- Start-up and test finished machinery per specifications.
- Use common power tools, as well as hand and measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, dial indicators).
- Perform inventory control procedures with regards to cycle counting, verification of on hand balances and report part discrepancies, B.O.M. and routing errors.
- Report time, production or other required information on proper forms.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, material, or other unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of basic measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Working knowledge of machine electrical controls and functionality.
- Must read and interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drawings.
- High degree of troubleshooting skills is necessary as well as the ability to interface with engineering personnel with regards to machine performance and functionality.
- Must be able to safely operate overhead crane.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good natured, cooperative attitude.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a production/assembly environment preferred.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.