Immediate opening for a full time Legal Secretary/Assistant to Class Action Litigation partner. Individual must have strong attention to detail, organization, and pleading/document management is critical.
- Manage large volume of emails, phone calls, and other communications from courts, co-counsel, opposing counsel, and class members.
- Maintain frequently changing calendars, meetings, hearings, personal schedule, task list of managing partner who handles plaintiff consumer class action litigation in courts of Ohio and nationwide.
- Accurately store and maintain large volumes of documents (evidence, records, etc.) and pleadings and materials.
- Reasonable knowledge of Ohio and federal rules of civil procedure and appellate procedure is required. Partner involves heavy emphasis on legal issues, appeals, and supreme court practice.
- Take live dictation, translate, and type notes, documents, and correspondence. This is not the primary focus of the job but is a responsibility if asked.
- Draft simple court filings/extensions
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Pro, and possess the ability to work with legal technology (court-filing systems, PACER, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Litigation administrative assistant experience in a law firm or other legal department
- Experience with court filing procedures, including electronic filings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service
To repeat: because this practice requires close attention to deadlines, schedule, and court proceedings, absolute attention to detail, organization, and pleading/document management is critical
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.