Provides support to the site by coordinating the Lean Enterprise activities. Constantly reviews operations and provides solutions to resolve safety/ergonomic, quality, cost, and throughput issues. Verifies standard work procedures are being followed (steps and time) and corrects issues with standard work. Provides staffing and capacity analysis for operations to eliminate waste and increase velocity.
• Leads and/or participates in daily continuous improvement and Kaizen events as required.
• Contributes to developing the annual Lean Transformation Plan based on value stream maps, Strategy Deployment objectives, and management system assessment to drive waste reduction.
• Supports Lean Leadership and Department Managers with capacity and staffing levels using flex plans based off of the actual work content. Searches for opportunities to reduce waste when observing these items.
• Works with line associates, process leaders, and value stream leaders to insure daily safety, quality, delivery, and productivity goals are met.
• Prepares technical and progress reports. Develops and writes standard work and procedures for processes.
• Assures adherence to production methods (Kanban, 5S).
• Uses 8-step problem-solving and other key lean tools to help drive improvement.
• Works to identify waste and solve problems in manufacturing work cells.
• Supports changes implemented as a result of Lean Manufacturing activities.
• Insures plant layout is updated and current. Develops solutions to plant and office space needs.
• Trains associates on Lean concepts and how to use in day-to-day continuous improvement activities.
• Assists Manufacturing Engineering/Maintenance Departments in implementing and managing projects resulting from approved CERs.
• Interprets, applies, and enforces company safety regulations and operating policies and procedures.
• Stays current with technologies and Lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent, Engineering degree strongly preferred
• Experience implementing and leading Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement efforts/projects preferred
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
• AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills, work in a team and facilitate team development.
• Ability to teach and facilitate groups using data for decision making
• Ability to work cross-functionally in the organization.
• Analytical skills and business financial knowledge a plus.
• Application of lean principles to non-manufacturing and non-traditional situations
• Skilled in full cycle process/project management, planning and change management
• Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate to changing demands and circumstances activates across cross functional teams and departments
• Developing relationships and networks.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.