PPS is seeking industrial maintenance mechanics for both 1st and 2nd shifts for our partner teams. Our partners are one of the leading production centers in northeast Ohio with the capability of manufacturing precision components and assemblies using CNC turning, milling, multi-axis mill turning, and other processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a company where advancement opportunities are not just possible but encouraged.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs a variety of CNC and multi-purpose electronic and/or electro-mechanical control systems for industrial and precision equipment.
- Tests, analyzes malfunctions, modifies, repairs, adjusts, and maintains mechanical portions of automatic control instruments and related recording devices used in the operation of industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Operates machine through necessary cycles to check the mechanical portion of electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems and detects any variations from specifications.
- Analyze the results of the tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction.
- Modifies and adjusts settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems.
- Repairs faulty components, and re-tests systems or systems as necessary.
- Perform incidental welding in conjunction with the normal maintenance activities.
- Analyzes equipment malfunctions to determine if machine failure is originating in the control systems, or is of a mechanical nature.
- Sets up a variety of higher sensitive, precision test tools and equipment and conducts a series of involved operational tests.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Education, Experience and other Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 5 years of related experience.
- 2-year Technical degree or equivalent in related discipline preferred.
- Prior experience with welding, analyzing CNC equipment malfunctions, troubleshooting mechanical systems, repairing spindle alignments, setting squareness of a machine and checking for positioning accuracy.
- Experience with electrical wiring in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience with Mazak mills and lathes, Mitsui Seiki mills, Hass milling machines.
- Experience with computer controls such as Mitsubishi, Fanuc.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams, schematics, drawings, performance specifications, and operating requirements of industrial manufacturing equipment to include CNC multi-purpose electronic and/or electro-mechanical control systems.
- Knowledgeable in the setup of a variety of highly sensitive, precision test tools and equipment.
- Prior experience with machine maintenance such as: operating CNC machines through cycles to check mechanical portion of electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems, detecting variations from specifications, analyzing results of tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction, modifying and adjusting settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems, repairing faulty components.
- 1st shift hours are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. 2nd Shift hours are 3:30 pm to 12:00 am. Overtime available as schedule demands.
- Must be able to commute to work
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug free work environment.
- Must be able to pass background check, physical and drug screen and have own transportation to work.
- Benefits: Medical benefits partially paid for, paid vacation, holidays, plus up to 3% match on retirement contribution.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.