Cold Header Set-Up & Operate
Header Operator Reports To: Header Supervisor Department:
Setup & Operate Boltmakers and/or Cold Headers
Essential Job Functions:
· Setup and operate one or more headers/boltmakers.
- Setups may be as frequent as daily.
- Read blueprints and job routings to determine part specifications and order requirements.
- Use of gages and measuring instruments to make sure parts conform to specification.
- Determine and locate required tooling to manufacture part. This should be done while running previous job.
- Install and adjust all tooling to produce part per specification.
- Adjust and make minor repairs to machine such as fingers, springs, transfers, wire straighteners, etc.
- Verify conformance of first piece production, making sure all dimensions are in conformance with print specifications using proper measuring instruments.
- Check product frequently with required measuring tools and record on inspection log sheet.
- Tear down setup after job is complete.
- Prepare daily production reports.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures. Report any unsafe condition to your supervisor immediately.
- Learn and practice preventative maintenance on machinery and tooling to protest from damage and loss. Report any conditions requiring repair to your supervisor.
- Clean machine and work area daily. Keep area clean and orderly, floor around machine must be kept free of oil.
- Inspect parts — make sure parts meet all print requirements.
- Instruct/help operators and other setup personal.
Perform any other general tasks as may be directed.
- Address all issues with a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Act in the company’s best interest at all times.
- 8th grade
- Previous experience or on the job training.
- Knowledge of Cold Header and metal properties.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Communication skills:
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Mathematical skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use and read measuring devises.
- Reasoning skills:
- Ability to define and solve problems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and/or push at least 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to hear and talk.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
Pay: $26.00 to $30.00
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.