Assembly Technician III
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN III
Become part of the fastest-growing sector in the world! We indirectly touch every semiconductor chip that goes into every smartphone, smart car, and device that uses artificial intelligence. This is a critical time for the semiconductor industry – as technology evolves, we evolve with it. We are a diverse workplace where every talented employee is committed to continuous innovation, challenging the status quo, and exceeding customer expectations. If you are a person with a relentless drive to succeed, a strong focus on quality with a passion for success – join us today!
We are seeking a talented and experienced Assembly Tech III to join our Team in Austin, TX!
The Assembly Technician III performs various electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering, and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. It also Performs specific back-end semiconductor manufacturing functions in producing semiconductor devices. Operates various equipment in performing functions such as wafer scribe and break, die sort, die to attach, lead bonding, and seal, test, or mark and pack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build mechanical assemblies & sub-assemblies.
- Must be able to read pneumatic and electrical schematics.
- Responsible for helium leak testing, cabling, module, and sub-assembly testing.
- Operates hand and power tools to complete assemblies.
- Reads and interprets work instructions to ensure accuracy of work performed.
- Interacts with management and team members to encourage effective communication on the production floor.
- Performs standard testing and minor and major troubleshooting.
- Ensures quality standards are met throughout all steps of the assembly process.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Related experience in a non-manufacturing environment considered.
- Cable and Harness assembly experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to perform basic and repetitive assembly operations as required.
- General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Strong attention to detail, quality-focused, and willing to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer terminals and general software applications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
- Some technician coursework and/or AA technical degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing/cleanroom environment or a combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in helium leak testing, module, and sub-assembly testing, and inspection preferred.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We bring our candidates access to next-level success.